Christmas Break-in: What to Do on Christmas Holiday
What do you do for fun during the Christmas holiday season? Are you planning to go on a trip to your hometown? Or throw an ugly holiday sweater party?
Don't worry if you have no idea what to do for fun this Christmas! We know that coming up with ideas for the winter break can be tough after a homework-loaded semester.
That's why we've compiled this list of things you can do during the holiday season, as well as on Christmas Day 2022. Feel free to add anything that strikes you fancy to your Christmas break bucket list!
But before we begin, allow us to give you a piece of advice. First, don't let homework get in the way of your winter break – and fun Christmas activities. So, if you can't stop stressing over a term paper or coursework, let a coursework writing service take that weight off your shoulder!
What to Do on Winter Holidays: Cheap Christmas Vacations Ideas
While your essay writer is dealing with your assignments, you can finally have the time to travel!
Need some cheap Christmas vacations ideas? Here are several must-visits from us:
- Riviera Maya, Mexico is the best place to spend Christmas Eve if you want to celebrate it on a warm sandy beach;
- Chiang Mai, Thailand is a must-visit if you want to explore South-East Asia on a tight budget;
- Curaçao island is a piece of the Netherlands and European architecture in the Caribbean sea.
And what about the things to do on Christmas Day with family or friends? Get inspired by our list of the top 13 Christmas activities!
Come Up with a Christmas Bucket List
Why not start by brainstorming all the fun Christmas activities you want to partake in this holiday season? Crafting a Christmas break bucket list will keep you busy for a couple of hours. Plus, it'll help you keep track of everything you want to do during the holidays!
So, open your favorite notebook or notes app and write down every activity that comes to your mind, no matter how small or banal. (You can also use our list of things to do on winter break to get inspired.) Then, get on with checking each entry off your list!
DIY Decorations for Your Christmas Tree
What can be better than going to a Christmas tree farm and decorating your newly acquired Christmas tree? Of course, put the decorations you've made yourself from scratch on it!
So, if you're wondering what to do on Christmas, here's an idea: create your own holiday ornaments. From wooden and string art holiday ornaments to colorful tree skirts and original toppers, your creativity is your only limit!
You can have a full-fledged DIY session in your household, making it one of the best Christmas day family activities. Bonus points if you put on a classic movie like Christmas Break-In to play in the background!
Bonus tip: On top of Christmas tree decorations, you can also DIY this holiday decor:
- Garlands out of pinecones, coffee filters, etc.;
- Santa figurines;
- Ribbon stars;
- Winter wonderland evergreen tree decorations;
- Porch decor;
- Boxed lights;
- Paper snowflakes;
- Christmas cards;
- Christmas lights;
- Gift stockings.
Make an Original Advent Calendar
Chances are, having an advent calendar will easily bring back your fond childhood memories. But you don't have to order one online – you can make your own, instead!
Crafting an advent calendar is fun stuff to do on Christmas Day. Plus, it'll let you flex your creativity muscles. It's also a great way to spend time with your friends or family in the process if you set out to make an advent calendar together!
Need some directions to get started? Here are three original ideas for this year's advent calendar:
- Create a chalkboard calendar that you can reuse and customize later on;
- Turn your advent calendar into a set of 25 Christmas tree ornaments;
- Present the calendar in a paper-mâché garland format.
Build a Gingerbread House
Cheap Christmas vacations ideas might not be a good match for you this festive season. But if you still don't mind investing a bit into Christmas activities, this one's for you!
You can go all in and make a gingerbread house from scratch. But don't worry if you've never done this before! Building a gingerbread house is one of those fun things to do for Christmas that you don't have to master beforehand to enjoy.
Plus, you can buy a full gingerbread house kit that'll provide you with all the materials you'll need and will guide you in the process. So don't worry: it won't cost you a fortune.
Enjoy Shopping for Christmas Gifts
You might have tons of stuff to do on Christmas Day, but gift exchange is bound to be one of them. So, of course, you must come prepared!
You may need to shop for the secret Santa gift exchange or find the right presents to make your friends and family happy. Whatever it is, spending several hours shopping alone or with friends is as much of a Christmas tradition as the gift-giving itself!
If you're looking for the best deals, consider buying your gifts during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. But even if you've missed those, there are plenty of Christmas sales wherever you look.
Tight on budget? Consider making Christmas gifts yourself! Plus, you can still shop around to find inspiration for the gifts.
Bake Festive Christmas Treats
If you enjoy baking, why not use your passion and prepare Christmas treats for your family or friends?
With hot chocolate, Christmas cookies are the essence of this holiday's atmosphere! Plus, if you've been wondering how to make Christmas special this year, baking treats is a sure-proof way to do it.
That said, baking can be quite a time-consuming process. So, if you want to go all in on it – but don't think you can because of all the assignments – consider offloading them to a term paper service. Your close ones' smiles and compliments are worth every penny spent!
Need a couple of ideas of what you can bake for a Christmas party? Here are four classic holiday season hits:
- Chocolate chip reindeer cookies;
- Candy cone cookies (perfect with hot cocoa!);
- Chocolate pretzels;
- Santa Claus cupcakes.
Have Fun Outdoors
Skating and sledding are the top holiday activities for kids, mostly because adults are way more careful about falling into snow or on the ice. But don't overlook these two fun Christmas activities if you're already an adult – they're a great way to reconnect with your inner child!
When it comes to skating, your town or city probably has several outdoor ice skating rinks open up for the holidays. So why not give one a try if you haven't yet?
Making a snow angel, having a snowball fight, and building a snowman are also popular Christmas activities for teens and kids. And outdoorsy adults can enjoy them, too!
No need to worry about the homework waiting for you at home while you're living your best life outdoors. You can always buy essays to enjoy your holidays to a maximum!
Hold a Holiday Game Night
Looking for Christmas Day fun ideas for the whole family? How about a game night? Dust off those classic board games and spend hours playing Monopoly, Scrabble, or Jenga. You can also find that pack of playing cards and make good use of it!
Bored by the classics? If you want to try a new board game, here are five perfect candidates for a Christmas game night:
- Exploding Kittens;
- The Isle of Cats;
- The Chameleon.
Not into board games? No problem! If you have a console, you can choose from tons of co-op games for 2 to 8 players. Don't worry, PC owners: you also have several co-op game options that don't require every player to have their own machine.
Don't know any decent co-op games? Check out this list of the best co-op games of 2022 that we've compiled!
Immerse Yourself in a Christmas Book
If you're a diehard reading enthusiast, what's a better time to start that book on your to-read list since the beginning of the year? After all, it's holiday time – so no assignments or classes should get in your way!
Books let you travel even when you can't afford cheap Christmas vacations ideas. That's what makes reading so engaging – and that's why it's one of the best Christmas activities for teens and adults alike.
Don't have anything on your to-read list? Or want to immerse yourself in a Christmas story? Here are five holiday-themed recommendations for you:
- The Gift of the Magi (O. Henry);
- Hercule Poirot’s Christmas (Agatha Christie);
- Holidays on Ice (David Sedaris);
- Last Christmas in Paris (Hazel Gaynor, Heather Webb);
- The Snow Child (Eowyn Ivey).
And in case you're looking for holiday activities for kids, consider reading these children's Christmas books together:
- The Night Before Christmas (Clement Clark Moore);
- I Spy Christmas (Walter Wick, Jean Marzollo);
- The Snowy Day (Ezra Jack Keats);
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Robert L. May).
Watch Your Favorite Christmas Movies
What says 'festive fun' more than gathering around the TV and binge-watching Christmas movies? Whether an old-time classic or a new release, watching at least one Christmas movie is a must-have experience for the holiday season!
Plus, if you're looking for Christmas things to do at home because you're not a fan of spending time outside when it's cold, watching a holiday movie is your best option!
Can't settle on your next watch? Here are five releases that deserve to be your next favorite holiday movie:
- Die Hard (1988);
- Home Alone (1990);
- Bad Santa (2003);
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993);
- Happiest Season (2020).
Need more holiday movie options? You can find them in our list of top thanksgiving films and cartoons!
Sing Christmas Carols & Festive Songs Together
One of the somewhat underrated activities on Christmas Day, signing with your whole family or friends is a great way to bring you all together and put smiles on your faces. And even if you take us up on our cheap Christmas vacations ideas, you can carol on a trip, too!
Need a Christmas carol recommendation? We've got you covered! Here are the six best Christmas carols of all time:
- 'Silent Night';
- '12 Days of Christmas';
- 'The Little Drummer Boy';
- 'Joy to The World';
- 'The First Noel';
- 'Jingle Bells'.
Spend Time with Your Family & Friends
This is what the Christmas spirit is all about: spending time with your loved ones. So, if you have no idea what to do on Christmas Day or during the holidays, you can always:
- Share some Christmas cookies with your friends or neighbors;
- Visit your distant relatives and reconnect with them;
- Take a classic family Christmas photo or go all in on a fun family photoshoot;
- Make salt dough ornaments together.
Whatever you set out to do this festive season, bring your loved ones together for it. Share your Christmas cheer with them, and it'll return to you tenfold. Plus, those memories may make for great narrative essay topics later on!
Volunteer for a Good Cause or Donate Your Old Things
Giving is one of those winter break activities that might not seem fun at first glance. But it's rewarding in its own unique way. Plus, doing some good for strangers is an irrevocable part of the Christmas spirit!
So, this winter, consider dedicating some of your time to bringing festive cheer to others. Volunteer at a soup kitchen. Make some candy canes and give them away to strangers. Make Christmas decorations – and donate them. Take stock of things you don't use – and give them away to those who may need them more.
Need a Flawless Christmas Essay that Will be Memorable?
To have a paper done by a professional, it is better to contact our writing service!
10 Things to Do on Christmas Eve 2022
Want to make your Christmas Eve even more memorable – but have no idea how? Don't worry! Here's our fabulous selection of things to do on Christmas Eve 2022 to make this holiday truly magical:
- Visit one of the local Christmas Day events (more on that below);
- Surprise your family or neighbors with homemade Christmas cookies;
- Hold an ugly Christmas sweater contest;
- Get in on a holiday arts and crafts project;
- Host a holiday game night round;
- Go caroling all together;
- Organize a candy cane hunt.
Looking for fun things open on Christmas Day? Your town or city must be all dressed up with decorations during the holidays. So, why not take a stroll and experience the joy of Christmas lights?
Here are three other things to do on Christmas night if you want to spend it out:
- Attend a Christmas Eve church service (they often include special holiday performances!);
- Hit the ice skating rink under the open sky;
- Go shopping in a mall (and take a photo with Santa!).
Events on Christmas Day 2022
Not everyone wants to spend Christmas Day holed up in their home, especially after several lockdowns. So, you may be wondering, what is open to do on Christmas Day?
Let's put an asterisk here: what'll be open depends on your location. So, check your local event boards and schedules!
This said, here's a short overview of the best events on Christmas Day 2022 has to offer:
- Classic holiday musicals and performances like The Nutcracker or NYC's Radio City Christmas Spectacular;
- Festivals of Christmas lights with larger-than-life installations and decorations;
- Local Christmas markets and villages full of Christmas magic;
- Reservation-only Christmas parties hosted by clubs and restaurants;
- Christmas parades and concerts.
Are you curious about the best things to do at Christmas besides the above events? You can watch a holiday movie at the cinema – some are open on Christmas Day. Or, how about taking a stroll in a shopping mall and taking a photo with Santa Claus?
6 Awesome Family Christmas Activities
If you want to celebrate this Christmas with your loved ones, don't worry: you can have tons of fun without leaving your home! And no, your at-home Christmas activities don't have to be limited to just enjoying a feast and watching Christmas movies (although that's fun, too!).
Looking for unconventional and entertaining Christmas activities for the whole family? How about these six family-friendly Christmas Day ideas:
- Host a family slumber party (PJs are so comfy, right?);
- Go outside and have a family snowball fight (you can also build a snowman, make snow angels, or go ice skating!);
- Hold a Christmas karaoke party in your living room;
- Organize a holiday-themed scavenger hunt (note: it doesn't have to be just for the kids!);
- Visit a Christmas parade together;
- Hold a White Elephant gift exchange.
6 Things to Do on Christmas Day for Adults
And what if you plan to celebrate this Christmas with friends, with no kids in sight? What fun Christmas Day activities can make this holiday memorable – and bring that Christmas magic to your celebration?
If you have no answers to this question, we have you covered. Here are the six things to do on Christmas day for adults you and your gang will love:
- Host a Christmas party with a twist: it can be a Cocktail Christmas or a masquerade party;
- Go out on the town: you can do a bar crawl or spend the evening in a restaurant; that's up to you;
- Organize an anti-Christmas party if you're not a huge Christmas fan;
- Go on a trip together and spend these Christmas holidays in a new country;
- Play a trivia game or spend the night enjoying your favorite board or co-op games;
- Make a hot cocoa or hot chocolate bar.
5 Things to Do After Christmas Day
The winter holidays don't end with Christmas Day! So you'll have several more days to enjoy your break before you have to return to your studies.
You might be tempted to remain a couch potato for a few days to recharge your batteries. And it's fine! Set your phone to the Do Not Disturb mode, settle on the couch, and let yourself rest. You've earned it!
But if you don't feel like just sleeping in, watching movies, and eating Christmas leftovers, here are five other great things to do after Christmas:
- Go to a holiday concert or performance;
- Burn some of those calories in a gym;
- Enjoy the sales on Boxing Day (it's the day right after Christmas Day!);
- Prepare your plans for the New Year's;
- Make Thank You cards for your loved ones.
Wondering Who to Turn to For the Greatest Custom-Written Essays?
Essaypro offers the top writing service which you’ve been looking for!