Writing an exemplification essay may seem like a complex task for beginners. In this article from the coursework writing service EssayPro, we will discuss how to write an exemplification essay in-depth. You will discover some excellent exemplification essay topics, and also learn tips about how to write the outline: intro, body paragraphs, and conclusion. Use this guide to help you write an amazing paper that will get you an A.
What Is an Exemplification Essay?
It is common for students to ask the questions: “What does exemplification essay mean?” or “What is an exemplification essay?”. “Exemplification” seems like a long and complicated word, but in actuality, it isn’t.
The dictionary defines the exemplification essay as a type of argumentative essay. In this paper, writers are required to provide relevant and straightforward examples to persuade the reader(s) of the writer’s argument. The exemplification theory is something worth mentioning here as it is derived from logical arguments that contain beneficial advantages and gives the ability to make judgments for how differently events have occurred. We do this naturally by looking back on our different experiences that seem to fit well together.
How to Choose Exemplification Essay Topic
Sometimes you are given a free choice on an exemplification essay you need to write. Here are some ideas on how to choose a topic that will make your paper stand out:
- Think about your interests by researching exemplification essay topics. Think about a relevant topic that stands out from all of the others—it could be technology or world history, perhaps.
- Be sure to find all of the relevant sources you need before fully committing to a topic. Ask yourself: “Are there enough sources out there to assist me with writing my essay?”.
- Write about your interests, but keep it relevant to exemplification. Don’t write about the football match last night, or what you ate for lunch.
- Create a mind-map of different topic ideas. To do this, browse the internet for websites that contain exemplification essay topics.
- Keep the exemplification essay topic related to your field of study. So, if your course in computer science, a good question would be ‘Is Python better than C#?’.
- Look through Google Scholar for papers related to the paper topic you have in mind.
- Avoid writing about something you are not interested in. Doing so will mean hours of boredom and a paper that lacks quality.
Exemplification Essay Topics List
A common question by thousands of students is “What is a good topic for an exemplification essay?” That’s mainly up to you. We are all unique, with our own interests and hobbies. We all have different essay topic ideas to select for our chosen topic.
Easy Exemplification Essay Topics
- Are off-the-grid power sources economically profitable for homes?
- Do payday loans impact the local economy positively?
- What is Amazon's impact on independent businesses?
- Should the voting system be entirely online?
- Are welfare payments bad for society in general?
- Is professional American football an unhealthy sport?
- Is it humane to give antidepressants to animals?
- Can capitalism and socialism coexist in modern society?
- Does the US need more leaders?
- Should euthanasia be legalized to end the suffering of the terminally ill?
- Is materialism one of the leading causes of mental illness?
- Is it right for doctors to prescribe antidepressant drugs to children who haven’t fully developed?
- Should the EU merge into one superstate and be controlled by one major capital city?
- Why shouldn’t gender biases exist in the insurance industry?
- How does modern-day capitalism affect working-class wages?
Good Exemplification Essay Topics
- Should animal rights movements broadcast graphic videos regarding animal abuse?
- In which way do immigration officers participate in the economy?
- Will some genres of music or styles of art ever die?
- Should governments decrease meat production?
- Should herbs and spices be added to baby food?
- Are plastic bottles dangerous to our health?
- Is mathematics the most vital subject for students to learn during their school years?
- Do self-help programs have enough of an impact in defeating mild depression?
- Should the UK continue to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia?
- Is it essential for people with compulsive hoarding disorders to get help?
- Have religious organizations contributed to the lack of morals humanity has?
- Does bribing young children to do household chores and focus on their studies have a significant impact later on in life?
- How many segments of reality TV programs inaccurately constitute reality?
- How much do election forecasts influence citizens on who to vote for?
- How successful are litter campaigns in changing the behavior of general society?
Common Exemplification Essay Topics:
- Effects of Pollution
- The Changes in the Ocean
- The Civil Rights Movement and its Effects
- Causes and Effects of the Popularity of Fast Food Restaurants
- The Influence of the Internet on kids
- The popularity of Sports in the US
- Effects of professional sports on children
- Alcohol and the nervous system
- Domestic violence
- Growing up with a single parent
- The Effects of school bullying on children
- Putin’s political agenda against Russia’s neighboring countries
Exemplification Essay Topics for College Students
- Are college degrees significant today?
- Should drugs become legal?
- Should healthcare become free?
- Are gun regulations laid back?
- Are drugs a huge problem in modern times that ruin the lives of millions of abusers and their children?
- Is fake news mainly the result of social networking apps?
- Do cell phones spoil people’s livelihoods?
- Do gender-segregated classes provide a more efficient learning environment?
- Do male-only, and female-only schools improve learning?
- Should states ban religious cult organizations?
- Is online education better than public education?
- Do politicians make false promises to get more votes?
- Should Halal meat be the only meat served in school cafeterias?
- Should under-qualified parents be allowed to home tutor their children?
- Should lawmakers make it illegal for supermarkets to sell weapons?
How to Write an Exemplification Essay Outline
When learning how to write an exemplification essay outline, it’s always a good idea to use examples in your work. Below are some essential tips to remember, and standards to keep your reader(s) interested. Here are some tips to help you get a grasp of how a successful exemplification essay thesis should be:
- Offer examples that offer relevant details that your audience can understand.
- Try to make your examples as detailed and exciting as possible. At the same time, they need to directly relate to your subject.
- Use some persuasive examples to convince your readers about your point of view. Use some facts and statistics, especially in example form—they can be much more potent than numerous pages of explanations.
- Use valid assertions to provide a valid statement.
Exemplification Essay Outline Template
- Step 1: Choose a subject based on your own interest
- Step 2: Research. The paper needs to examine the two sides of an argument. It’s a good idea to research information before starting your outline.
- Step 3: Write an outline. In this part where you gather sources and put them in numbered lists under each heading. This is how you can create your introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion in an easier way.
- Step 4: Introduction. In this part, you need to summarize the subject that the paper is about.
- Step 5: Thesis. This is where you provide a description of what the middle paragraphs will be about. You should include facts, information & statistics for the body part of the assignment. Elaborate upon the main point of your entire paper. The thesis represents your work, so always be clear and concise with your thesis statement.
- Step 6: Body Paragraphs. Here is where you write about your main arguments. Add relevant and appropriate examples and explain the examples you’ve chosen. It’s always a good idea to decide on which examples before writing the outline.
- Step 7: Conclusion. Summarize the main focus of your paper and include a sentence that persuades your readers to continue to learn further about your topic.
- Step 8: Proofread. Look through your paper and ask family or friends to proofread it as well. Make sure there are no grammatical or any other writing errors on the completed assignment. Make necessary changes if required.
Structure of an Exemplification Essay
Let's take a deeper look at the structure of an exemplification essay.
Opening of an Exemplification Essay
The beginning of your paper should strongly state your thesis and direct the reader to what is to follow. You can start with a famous quote or an anecdote. You can also ask a question or state a common fact or statistic.
For instance, if you write about genetic engineering, you can start with the question: What appeared first, the chicken or the egg? The eternal question. After that, you can talk about different statistical results and research, which will help you reveal the benefits or disadvantages of using genetic engineering. But that very first question helped readers focus, examine, and reflect on what you are going to write about further on.
Body of an Exemplification Essay
The body should include strong and clear ideas, arguments, details, and brief examples. It should also provide information to support the topic. You need to use arguments and information that will help the thesis of the exemplification essay sound deep and coherent—think about your audience.
Once you have identified your audience and conducted the proper research for examples, facts, arguments, and points, you need to categorize them by importance and influence in relation to the thesis. You should state your strongest example in the first paragraph of the body of the paper. Then continue stating your examples and evidence to support your thesis. Sometimes, instead of presenting facts, you can use a story to prove your point in one of the paragraphs. Don’t forget to use transitional sentences between the paragraphs of your work.
Conclusion of an Exemplification Essay
The conclusion must establish a sense of closure and completeness of your entire work. Restate your thesis and pinpoint the main arguments proving it. Statistics and facts should be kept out. Try to link the first paragraph with the last one by repeating certain words or phrases. Restate what you have proven with simple and strong sentences that can only further the audience’s feeling of closure and completeness for the subject. Use a reference or quotation if you want to add additional cogency. Also, it is important to note that you should not simply summarize the exemplification essay, but should try to strengthen its thesis for one last time.
- Write About Your Interests: The best way to write about an exemplification essay topic, from both sides, is to know about it in-depth. It helps to write about a topic that you have a passion for, so you know exactly what to include in your paper.
- Avoid Being Personal: Although, it’s good to write about a topic you know about and have a passion for, don’t mention your own opinions or beliefs in the exemplification essay. Professionally illustrate your non-opinionated points.
- Avoid One-Sided Arguments: Many students tend to choose a topic which has only one side, rather than two. For example, a terminal illness. If topics have one side to them, they are not exemplification essay topics, and are not advisable to write about in this form of assignment. This can also make your writing very biased and certainly lowers grades.
- Avoid Too Much Originality: A unique view of the topic, alone, is excellent. But, finding the positive effects of terminal illnesses isn’t a good idea. As it overrides the negative aspects.
- Explain: The assignment is to elaborate on the two arguments at hand. Avoid picking sides and name calling. Present the two opinions and their outcomes for the best result.
Writing an exemplification essay can be tough, especially for first-year students. The key is to learn how to outline an exemplification essay correctly as well as remembering how to choose the appropriate topic and defend it with proper examples. It’s always important not to select a single topic. Revising the advice from our professional writers will enable you to get the hang of writing this form of assignment.
Exemplification Essay Examples
Are you still stuck? Have a look at our exemplification essay examples for more ideas.
During the 1990s, cell phones began to emerge into the world. They were big boxes that were similar to the cell phone line which is used in modern day. They had huge antennas and were heavy for people to carry around. This was merely the start of the cell phone revolution. 2010s cell phones can perform multiple tasks. They have the ability to send and receive SMS messages, video messages, and use social media. All the modern tools included on mobile devices somehow make the original intent of the phone oldfashioned.
Almost the entire population of the world seems to have cell phones. Regardless of one’s economic status, one possesses a modern cell phone. Publishing anything on workspaces is possible “on the move.” Thanks to cell phones, anyone in the company can view it. It is an advantage to people who work in specific fields. Nowadays, workers can keep in touch with absent colleagues during the day.