How to Write Common App Essay Prompts 2022-2023? Discover Fresh Topics
It’s simple. Look at the prompt. Re-read it. Analyze it. The prompt is there for a reason. Write it and make a rough draft if it’s needed. Use EssayPro’s cheap essay writing service for expert help if it’s too much for you in the end.
No matter which prompt you’ll choose, the admissions officers want to see that you’ve understood it well.
What’s New for 2022-23?
So, let’s look over what’s been announced for Common App essay prompts 2022. There will be seven prompts for this year, and Common App provides an additional Covid-19 question in their ‘additional information section. Remember that prompts aren’t topics set in stone. Common App essay prompts 2022-23 are designed to inspire and get you to think.
The COVID-19 Optional Essay
Common App essay prompts 2021-22 include a prompt that enables students to share their sentiments about the pandemic and essentially how it’s affected them overall. That’s what the Covid-19 prompt is for. The Covid-19 prompt isn’t intended to be an additional essay.
If you think “I wish someone could write my research paper for me,” then it’s high time to do so. EssayPro has what you need ‒ a cheap essay writing service.
Few Tips On Writing Your Essay
Common App’s blog articles clearly state one thing. Common App essay prompts 2021-22 are there to help colleges gain insight into student applicants. When you’re writing:
- Don’t just consider the technicalities. Make your writing authentic and personal. Answer the prompt with your critical thinking but show the admission officers that you have a genuine story to tell.
- To make a story compelling, demonstrate your truth.
- Don’t write to execute a task. Write creatively while keeping the prompt in mind. Write to share. Don’t write because you’re obliged. As we’ve stated before, you’ll need to inspire yourself by bridging your ideas to the prompt, so try not to go off-topic.
- Read the prompt thoroughly and give yourself a minute to genuinely reflect on it.
Revising tips and prepping up before writing is all well and good but letting professional admission essay writers handle the job is also a very accessible option for you. They do everything with expertise, like write up an excellent admission essay paper. Moreover, they have students’ budgets in mind since they provide a cheap essay writing service with negotiable prices. You can view samples and try such services.
The List of Common App Essay Prompts
We’re going to make this easier for you. We’re going to go through Common App college essay prompts in an attempt to analyze them one by one while simultaneously giving our readers examples that can inadvertently inspire them to write. It’s not as easy as outsourcing your writing to a cheap essay writing service, but it can still make your life a lot easier. As stated before and as seen in the picture above, there are currently seven known prompts, excluding the additional Covid-19 prompt.
We’re going to look at the different ways we can approach these topics. We’ll keep in mind the details that do good writing. At the end of the day, you can revise thoroughly or use EssayPro’s cheap essay writing service for any additional help.
Everything is known and has been officially announced by Common App itself. You are free to look over these points as many times as you want, and you are free to reflect on them until you can come up with your best ideas. So, do take multiple looks at Common App essay prompts 2022-23.
Do use our pointers as sources of inspiration and not as definitive answers. Don’t just copy them. Using Common App college essay prompts should inspire your creativity.
Prompt: “Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.”
Here’s a prompt from Common App college essay prompts that might be more fun and interesting to take on. As much as learning from failure is important, it’s equally as valuable to focus on our accomplishments.
Again, it would be best to write in a personal, authentic, and moving manner. This is a point of relatability, so make it human. Write about the events surrounding a milestone — the before, the during, and the after. Success is also not defined by one standard. Perhaps the catalyst of positive change was simply a thought. It depends on you.
Here are some examples to get it started:
- Think of the most important event in your life that changed it in the most positive aspect. Write the story that surrounds this event. Perhaps this event was after achieving a certain goal or coming to a realization.
- Think of a pursuit that you strived for and achieved successfully. Write your story around this event. Don’t forget the details. They’re what makes the story whole. Keep it interesting.
Prompt: “Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.”
This is one of the most interesting Common App essay prompts 2021-22 out there. It was on the list of 2022 Common App essay prompts and has retained its position through the years. Remember what you just read. This prompt is about writing content that is personal, authentic, intriguing, and wholesome. It’s a prompt about you. Share an anecdote of your life that shows the admission committee who you are.
For the ones who are a bit confused, here are some examples:
- Write about where you come from and how it’s affected you. Our background shapes us in more ways than one. Childhood, especially, is a huge part of our lives. Our experiences in that area shape us forever.
- For those who are brave enough to share personal details about what makes them unique, then go ahead and do so. Identity and character are elements that colleges want to know about you. The type of person you are today can pinpoint the value that you can add.
Prompt: “The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?”
Failure is the mother of success. This sort of Common App college essay prompts want students to share their struggles and write about them, but there’s a catch. Students must not finish the essay by only writing about their pain but by including the silver lining in all of it. The lesson that’s been learned from the cards that have been dealt.
Examples that come to mind might include:
- A huge event in your life that changed its trajectory for better or for worse. Major setbacks can be devastating, but they can also be liberating. Reflect on something that you didn’t want to happen but somehow led you to a better path or a new path in the long run.
- A time in your life when your pursuit of something or someone was met with obstacles and failure. This will enable you to write about the lessons that you had to learn to overcome your ordeal or to accept it and move on.
Prompt: “Reflect on something that someone has done for you that has made you happy or thankful in a surprising way. How has this gratitude affected or motivated you?”
This prompt can reveal deep elements about your character so write well. It will be interesting to peek at your behavior when you are feeling appreciative of someone or someone’s actions. It can give insight if you know how to show gratitude or not and if gratitude in itself is enough to drive your behavior forward in a positive manner.
Here are some examples to help you write:
- If someone has given you a gift recently, reflect upon the event. Unconditional or not, write how it made you feel and if feelings of gratitude came up or not. Write about what you did or did not do after. Give insight on what gratitude makes you feel. If it happened, write about how you reciprocated and gave them something in return.
- Think of the kindest act someone else has done for you, and let this thought inspire your writing. Go into detail about the sentiments that you might have felt and shared with this person, and write about the effects of this on a short-term and long-term basis.
Prompt: “Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?”
This is one of 2022 Common App essay prompts that wants you to think about those things in life that give you a purpose to wake up in the morning and be excited about something. That statement in itself isn’t black and white, so a passion is always different from one person to the next.
The answer is broad, so there’s no need to worry. Be genuine, and you’ll get your writing to flow quickly.
Here are some ideas for writing:
- Remind yourself of a subject or topic that not only piques your interest but moves you in ways you can't explain. Introduce that passion, then write about what it makes you feel. Write about your understanding of those feelings.
Write about what you do when you’re presented with this topic. Do you share it with others in a lengthy discussion? Do you do more research to quench your curiosity? Write about a person who teaches you more about this enthralling subject.
- Think of an inspirational idea from someone before you and write about why you find this idea so amazing and how it’s impacted you personally.
Topic of Your Choice
Prompt: “Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you've already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.”
For those who want to choose this prompt then you’re already given the gift of a broader array of ways to answer. The important thing to remember is to demonstrate understanding and personal insight through your writing.
Ideas for writing can include:
- Choosing a topic that you already possess a great deal of knowledge about. This will make it much easier to write and flow with the topic, eliminating the need to think too much and potentially become overwhelmed. Moreover, you can write why you think this topic is important. The strategy is to provide personal insight in order to show authenticity.
- Choosing a topic that is challenging to write about can show the evaluators your ability to use critical thinking, but more importantly, it can be a good chance to provide discerning personal insight. Avoiding polar perspectives on a topic and trying to weigh opposing views on a subject can be a great way to show deep understanding and authentic concern.
Prompt: “Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
It’s essential to be able to renew your perspective and your stance on beliefs and ideas, especially when presented with information that challenges it. To be able to re-learn and challenge outdated mindsets is the essence of a strong and smart individual capable of growing and changing for the better.
This type of 2022 Common App essay prompts wants you to write about moments in your life where you questioned your belief system. The essence of doing so helps you grow.
Some topics that can help with this prompt:
- Think of a time when a friend, family member, or an intimate partner directly challenged something that you firmly thought was real. Write about the experience. Write about the dialogue and sentiments between you and this person. Write if this brought you closer to each other or if it resulted in conflict.
- Think of a time when you came across information that was shattering your perception and biases about a certain topic. Write about the impact it made on you and if it changed you positively or negatively.
At the end of the day, if it still feels all too overwhelming to tackle, there’s still no reason to throw in the towel yet. Expert essay writers are ready to help you write the best custom paper to pass any hurdle, and it’s all at the click of a mouse button. EssayPro provides a cheap essay writing service that covers a plethora of students’ needs.
Save precious time by getting help from a professional writing service