Without having some good persuasive essay topics in your pocket, a student could not write a paper of this type. The goal is to take a position and defend it. This means the topic must be debatable. A student must check whether credible enough, up-to-date, and relevant information is available on the web. It is not easy to do alone. Find top-quality help with the college assignments of any type on the leading online paper writing service!
- What is a Persuasive Essay?
- How to Write a Persuasive Essay?
- How To Write Persuasive Essay Outline
- How to a Persuasive Essay Topic
- Persuasive Essay Topics
- How to Get a Qualified Writing Help
What is a Persuasive Essay?
By definition, a persuasive essay is a style of writing which convinces the reader that your point of view or argument is the best view. This is a typical college or high school assignment to teach students the art of persuasive writing. It is essential to check whether your claim has strong evidence to be believable. A compelling paper can be an argumentative essay depending on the use: whether the prompt advises to pick a position or defend it.
Before we get to the persuasive speech topics, let's see the secrets of persuasive writing and how to outline your work!
How to Write a Persuasive Essay?
Pick a side. Be confident with the angle chosen and demonstrate it well through the persuasive essay.
- Understand the audience. It is essential to adjust the language used and to see if there is any biased that needs to be addressed.
- Do the research required. The best results will depend on the solid well-researched material from multiple sources including other professionals in the field.
- Offer the evidence based on importance. While compiling the research and your notes try to keep it in order of significance as this will help with writing later.
- Is the thesis well proved? Look at the thesis statement and compare it to your conclusion and see if there any gaps in the persuasive paper.
- Check over the work. It is imperative to double check the paper for errors, wait a couple of days after you finished writing and look through the essay with a fresh mind. It is even a good idea to get a friend or colleague to look through.
- Personal touch. Although strong evidence is vital, do not be afraid to include examples and explanations of points along with references to things that have been experienced first hand.
How to Write a Persuasive Essay Outline?
There are some key features to bear in mind when planning out a persuasive essay outline, and the structure is essential.
Try to open with a “hook” and make the audience want to continue reading the work. Include a thesis statement at the end.
The main content of the arguments go here, and it’s important to back up every point with evidence and start a new paragraph with a new argument. Include an opposing view.
In your conclusion, restate the thesis statement and provide a summary of the most important or influential points from the body paragraphs.
How Do You Choose a Persuasive Essay Topic
Most, if not all students are looking forward to writing that essay of their choosing and try to persuade another person their belief or opinion is right. The idea is fabulous, to be given free reigns and charged with not only coming up with the topic but also the content, allowing your imagination and creativity to persuade or influence your reader.
Now you have your chance, but when you sit down to write, you realize your brain seems to have died. Do not despair; we have a tremendous list of topics that you could be creative with.
Stay calm - the main thing is not to panic or get frustrated.
Brainstorm - with other students in your college or school. Do not think “will the professor like it?” You should not even be thinking about whether it is politically correct, debate your argument towards a train of thought where your idea is the correct one. After all, you are writing a persuasive essay.
Research - what is in the news whether national or international, what topics are hot, what is in fashion and always jot these ideas down for later, after all, you do carry a mobile phone around with you, so you have no excuse.
Be clear - with your idea of a persuasive essay, do not under any circumstance be vague in your topic, if your paper is too broad the details of the argument may get lost in the telling, do not be that student, do not let it happen to you.
Persuasive Essay Topic List for Everybody
Here we have compelled an extensive list of good persuasive essay topics divided into popular categories to help you get started with your paper.
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Should school classes be divided up by gender
- Are french fries healthy enough to be served in the canteen
- Should Breastfeeding be allowed in public spaces
- The legal age for drinking alcohol is 21
- Are exams a fair measure for a students ability
- Are genetically modified foods acceptable
- Should nuclear weapons be abolished
- Is the voting system reliable
Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics for Kids
- Carrying the latest iPhone is ok as it is part of our image or how much money our family earns
- Making friends around the world is good for our future
- Is it right to eat meat
- The government should impose household plastic trash limits
- Why you should never lie
- Should you learn another language
- Being a single child versus having brothers and sisters
- Dogs make better pets than cats.
- What would be the best superpower to have
- We can change the world
- Why should you respect your elders
Sports Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Does participating in sport make you a competitive person
- The importance of Physical education in schools is overrated
- Both girls and boys can play on the same team
- Athletes should never drink alcohol
- Swimming is the healthiest and best sport
- Children should not take part in extreme sports
- Should children take responsibility for themselves in sport
- Women are better at dancing and water sports than men are
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School
- The best vacation destinations
- Should there be harsher punishment for bullying
- Is less homework a good idea
- Kids should have more pocket money
- The impact of violent TV shows on the population
- Do violent computer games hurt kids
- The present generation lacks strict rules and regulation due to fear
- Can students be held in detention
- Who should be responsible for students bad grades
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Should students take a gap year after high school?
- Students should be allowed to wear whatever clothes they wish
- Should the voting age be lowered
- Free condoms being available for students
- Couples expecting a baby should receive lessons about parenting
- Should sex education be made more available
- National security is more important than privacy
Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics About Music
- Pirated music is a severe threat to the economy of the country
- Lyrics play a role in how the younger generation thinks
- Music is an underrated treatment for mental illness
- Can some genres of music push children to suicide
- Playing bass guitar is more comfortable than standard electric six string
- Can music be seen as a language
- Music of the 70s have better lyrics than modern songs
- Depressive tracks encourage young adults to commit suicide?
Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics About Animals
- Hunting wild animals is immoral
- Beauty products should not be tested on animals
- People should stop wearing leather and fur
- Why should we protect endangered animals
- Is it ethically ok to breed dogs from different breeds
- Do animals deserve the same rights as humans
- Being a vegetarian does not help the animal world the way we think
- Is it ok to clone an animal
Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- Small monkeys would make good house pets
- Train ticket sellers have the most boring job
- The average school day should be shortened
- Junk food should be banned from school
- The prettiest time of year is fall
- Classrooms should be outside
- We should all grow our vegetables
- Kids should not receive corporal punishment from parents for misbehavior
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education
- Information technology should have a role in everyday life at school
- Do SAT, and ACT scores matter?
- Should school guards be armed to cut down on shootings
- Stay at home education compared to traditional schools
- Do we need to attend public education and should society accept it
- The average school day should be shorter
- Physical education should be a voluntary subject
- Should teachers be paid more to compensate with stress
Science Persuasive Essay Topics
- Marijuana should be used for medical treatment
- Are mobile phones safe
- Information technology should be treated as the most valuable subject
- Humans are the most significant cause of pollution
- Is 5G safe
- Global warming is caused by man
- The use of fossil fuels is killing the planet
- Is renewable energy a reliable fuel for the future
- Should the police be allowed to use DNA profiling in the public database
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- Are Blondes less intelligent
- Drinking wine every day is healthy
- Getting free donuts at school motivates studying
- The best comedy show of all times
- Do men gossip more than women
- Pets think their humans are great
- Men say the best chat up lines ever
- Being a pro gamer
- Do you believe in love at first sight
Argumentative Persuasive Essay Topics
- The media should stop marketing to kids
- Ban smoking in all public places
- Constant talk about religious differences evokes aggression around the world
- Has the internet been commercialized
- How fashion has changed a woman’s/man’s body over the last 50 years
- Should we do away with high street banks all together
- Military service should be compulsory
- The gay couple adopting kids
College Persuasive Essay Topics
- Homeless people come before foreign aid
- Social networks are more threatening than people think
- Parents being held responsible for the crimes of their children is a good idea
- Can you trace a person via the internet
- Has feminism changed parenting
- Should supermarkets show where food comes from
- Selling weapons to foreign countries should be stopped
- Was the swinging 60s a significant part of our art history
Persuasive Essay Topics 5th grade
- Early bed is essential for students health
- Taking pets to school can be beneficial
- After school activities should be compulsory
- Is snacking in class acceptable
- The dress code at school is terrible for individualism
- School breaks should be longer
- Being skillful is better than being a hard worker
- Should morning classes start later than they currently do
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Bailing out financial institutions with taxpayers money should be stopped
- Media advertisements are sending unhealthy signals to young women
- Lesbian couples should not be allowed to have a child
- Medical testing on animals should be illegal
- There should be a border wall with Mexico and Canada
- Sex education should be available in schools
- Every driver over the age of 60 should take their driving test again
- Should political figures star in movies
5 paragraph Persuasive Essay Topics
- Vaccinations should be made compulsory
- Should college education be free to everyone
- What is true friendship
- Is college success the key to a good life
- Every weekend should be a long weekend
- Homework is faster when you play music
- The governments need to invest in more energy resources
- Is fracking harming the world
Environmental Persuasive Essay Topics
- Plastic should be made illegal
- Private cars should be banned from city centers
- When building houses, they should plant new trees
- Cutting down the rainforest should be unlawful
- Fossil fuel companies should pay for nature conservation
- Is enough being done about CO2 emissions
- Chemtrails need to be identified and stopped
- Should a maximum fine be given for littering
- Are humans the cause of climate change
- Should public transport be free to reduce pollution
- Is waste disposal being dealt with properly
Immigration Persuasive Essay Topics
- Can use the Appropriations Bill Strengthen in favor to ‘Remain in Mexico’
- Illegal immigration is strongly connected with acts of war and terrorism
- Should orphaned children automatically get legal status when crossing the border
- Illegal immigration can promote terrorism
- Illegal immigration is higher in wealthier countries
- Immigration improves attitudes towards foreign cultures
- When should an immigrant become a citizen
- The United States should build a border wall with Mexico and Canada
Need Some More Help?
If our comprehensive list of interesting persuasive essay topics does not help to kick-start your paper, get some professional help and forget about the eternal question: How to write my essay faster?. At EssayPro, we have proofreading, personal tutoring, and custom essay writing services available for you. We have dedicated persuasive paper writers from various academic backgrounds to take the stress out of your life and finish that essay for you!