Writing an exemplification essay may seem like a difficult task for beginners. In this easy-to-read guide from EssayPro, we will discuss how to write an exemplification essay in-depth. This includes the top exemplification essay topics, and the outline; intro, body paragraphs, and conclusion. Use this guide to help you write a winning exemplification essay.
- What Is an Exemplification Essay?
- How to Choose Exemplification Essay Topic
- List of Topics
- How to Write an Exemplification Essay Outline
- Outline Template
- Final Tips
- How to Get a Qualified Writing Help?
What Is an Exemplification Essay?
It is common for students to ask the questions: “What does exemplification essay mean?” and “What is an exemplification essay?” once given this assignment from their professor. It may seem like a long and complicated word. But actually, it isn’t.
The dictionary defines the exemplification essay as a type of argumentative essay. To provide readers with a Thesis Statement, writers are required to provide relevant and straightforward examples to persuade the reader of the argument. The exemplification theory is something worth mentioning.
Mostly, the exemplification theory is derived from logical arguments that contain beneficial advantages that give the ability to move occurrences of group events. We do this naturally by looking back on our different experiences that seem to fit well together. This allows us to make judgments of how differently events occur, based on two cognitive devices.
How to Choose Exemplification Essay Topic
Step One: Think about your interests by researching exemplification essay topics. Think about a relevant topic that stands out to all of the others. It could be technology or world history.
Step Two: Be sure to find all relevant sources before committing to a topic. Ask yourself: “Is there enough sources out there to assist me in writing my essay?”.
Step Three: Write about your interests, but keep it relevant to exemplification. Don’t write about the football match last night, or what you ate for lunch.
Step Four: Create a mind-map of different topic ideas. To do this, browse the internet for websites that contain exemplification essay topics.
Step Five: Keep the exemplification essay topic related to your field of study. So, if your course in computer science, a good question would be ‘Is Python better than C#?’.
Step Six: Research Google Scholar for papers related to the essay topic you have in mind. Read some of the results. So, you can decide if you want to write about this essay topic.
Step Seven: Avoid writing about something you are not interested in. Doing so will mean hours of boredom and a paper that lacks quality.
Exemplification Essay Topics List
A common question by thousands of students is “What is a good topic for an exemplification essay?” That’s mainly up to you. We are all unique, with our own interests and hobbies. We all have different essay topic ideas to select for our chosen topic.
Easy Exemplification Essay Topics
- Are homes required to produce their off-the-grid power source?
- Do payday loans impact the local economy positively?
- What is the impact on independent businesses from Amazon?
- Should the voting system be entirely online?
- Are welfare payments bad for general society?
- Is professional American football an unhealthy sport?
- Is it humane to give antidepressants to animals?
- Can capitalism and socialism coexist in modern society?
- Does the US need more leaders?
- Should euthanasia be legalized to end the suffering of the terminally ill?
- Is materialism one of the leading causes of mental illness?
- Is it right for doctors to prescribe antidepressant drugs to children who haven’t fully developed?
- Should the EU merge into one superstate, and be controlled by one major capital city?
- Why shouldn’t gender biases exist in the insurance industry?
- How does modern-day capitalism affect working-class wages?
Good Exemplification Essay Topics
- Should animal rights movements broadcast graphic videos regarding animal abuse?
- In which way do immigration officers participate in the economy?
- Will some genres of music and styles of art ever die?
- Should governments decrease meat production?
- Do herbs and spices need to be added to baby food?
- Are plastic bottles dangerous in terms of exposing our bodies to high amounts of unhealthy plastics?
- Is mathematics the most vital subject for students to learn during their school years?
- Are self-help programs helpful towards beating mild depression?
- Should the UK continue to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia?
- Is it essential for people with compulsive hoarding disorder to get help?
- Did religious organizations contribute to the lack of morals of humanity as today?
- Does bribing young children to add to household chores and focus on their studies bring a significant impact to later life?
- How many segments of reality TV programmes inaccurately constitute reality?
- Do election forecasts influence citizens on who to vote for?
- How successful are litter campaigns in changing the behavior of general society?
Exemplification Essay Topics for College Students
- Are college degrees significant today?
- Should drugs become legal?
- Should healthcare become free?
- Are gun regulations laid back?
- Drugs are a huge problem in modern times. They ruin the lives of millions of abusers and their children. Is this an accurate or inaccurate statement?
- Is fake news mainly the result of social networking apps?
- Do cell phones spoil people’s livelihoods?
- Do gender-segregated classes provide a more efficient learning environment?
- Do male only, and female only, schools improve learning?
- Should states ban religious cult organizations?
- Is online education better than public education?
- Do politicians make false promises to get more voters?
- Should Halal meats only be served in school cafeterias?
- Should under qualified parents be allowed to home tutor their children?
- Should the lawmakers make it illegal for supermarkets to sell weapons?
How to Write an Exemplification Essay Outline
When learning how to write an exemplification essay outline, it’s always a good idea to revise some of the basics. Especially when writing for your college degree. It’s still important to have an exemplification essay outline which includes introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
It’s a good idea to use examples in your work, as well as remembering some rules when writing. Below are some of the essential things to remember, and standards to keep them interested — to help you get a grasp of how a successful exemplification essay thesis should be.
Exemplification Essay Tips from EssayPro
- Relevant Examples: Essays are usually far more accessible to follow and enjoyable if your audience is provided with relevant details. An example of this would be, an essay is written about the influence on different cultures by religious missionaries.
- Related Examples: Make sure to write using detailed and exciting examples. They need to apply to the subject, meaning related examples that are relevant to the topic are good.
- Persuasive Examples: It’s always good to convince your readers. That’s the purpose of an academic paper. Thus, examples are highly effective in convincing your readers. Readers, in general, love facts and statistics, especially in an example form. If you use some well-written and intriguing examples, your writing can be much more potent than numerous pages of explanations.
- Examples for Valid Assertions: Your examples may be used to see if the thesis has proposed points to make up a valid statement.
Exemplification Essay Outline Template
Step 1: Choose a subject. Thousands of topics are available for exemplification essay. Choose an essay subject that suits a writer best. It’s advisable for a writer to pick a topic to elaborate on one’s interests. E.g., Doctor Who or Unisex Sports.
Step 2: Research. The paper is comprised of 2 arguments. It’s a good idea to research information before starting your outline.
Step 3: Construct an exemplification essay outline. This serves as the plan of action. Gather sources and put it in numbered lists under each heading. That being the introduction, body-paragraphs, and conclusion.
Step 4: Introduction. The exemplification essay introduction should summarize the essay subject that the paper is about. The first sentence is supposed to be intriguing and catchy. Though, it also should be relevant.
Step 5: Thesis. The exemplification essay thesis is a description of the middle paragraphs. It includes facts, information & statistics regarding the body part of the essay. Elaborate your main point of the entire paper. The thesis represents your work, always be clear and concise in your thesis statement.
Step 6: Body Paragraph. This part of the exemplification essay outline includes your arguments. Always keep this part of the assignment precise and informative. Make sure to order your paragraphs appropriately. It should consist of relevant and appropriate examples. Explain your chosen examples. It’s always a good idea to decide on which examples before writing the exemplification essay outline.
Step 7: Conclusion. The exemplification essay conclusion summarizes the main focus of the whole paper. It also includes a sentence that persuades your readers to endure in action.
Step 8: Proofread. Proofread your paper. Ask family or friends to proofread it, too, to make sure there are no grammatical or any other writing errors on the completed assignment. Many necessary changed if required.
Do you need some help with your exemplification essay? Count on the support of our professional writers and editors.
- Write About Your Interests: The best way to write about an exemplification essay topic, from both sides, is to know about it in-depth. It helps to write about a topic that you have a passion for, so you know exactly what to include in your paper.
- Avoid Being Personal: Although, it’s good to write about a topic you know about and have a passion for, don’t mention your own opinions or beliefs in the exemplification essay. Professionally illustrate your non-opinionated points.
- Avoid One-Sided Arguments: Many students tend to choose a topic which has only one side, rather than two. For example, a terminal illness. If topics have one side to them, they are not exemplification essay topics, and are not advisable to write about in this form of assignment. This can also make your writing very biased and certainly lowers grades.
- Avoid Too Much Originality: A unique view of the topic, alone, is excellent. But, finding the positive effects of terminal illnesses isn’t a good idea. As it overrides the negative aspects.
- Explain: The assignment is to elaborate on the two arguments at hand. Avoid picking sides and name calling. Present the two opinions and their outcomes for the best result.
Writing an exemplification essay can be tough, especially for first-year students. The key is to learn how to outline an exemplification essay correctly as well as remembering how to choose the appropriate topic and defend it with proper examples. It’s always important not to select a single topic. Revising the advice from our professional writers will enable you to get the hang of writing this form of assignment.
Exemplification Essay Examples
Are you still stuck? Have a look at our exemplification essay examples for more ideas.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Cellphones
During the 1990s, cell phones began to emerge in the world. They were big boxes that were similar to the cell phone line which is used in modern day.
Click on the button to open the exemplification essay example.
Should the EU merge into a super-state?
The European Superstate is both a fictional and potential unification of all EU member countries into one sovereign nation.
Click on the button to open the exemplification essay example.
How to Get a Qualified Writing Help
Have you read the whole article and still need help? We understand that the exemplification essay can be hard to grasp. Why not have a look at our professional writers? All of our essays are plagiarism-free and written with the customer’s needs in mind. Consider checking out our writer’s catalog to get instant exemplification essay help today.