Before jumping into a pool full of good essay topics for a cause and effect paper, it’s necessary to understand what this academic assignment is about. In essence, it is a type of writing where an author presents the reasons why different actions, events, decisions, or other things occur, alongside their consequences. Like a fire is a reason for houses to burn and people to die. At the same time, it is one of the sources of life. This article offers some great cause and effect essay topics list divided into several popular categories to make it easier to find what you need.
If you find it difficult to come up with a good topic or write the essay from scratch, contact the leading team of writers to have your paper done just in time!
What is a Cause and Effect Essay?We will define cause and effect briefly to give you an overall idea. It is a type of academic writing that explains the way various objects, people, and events are interrelated and their specific features. The best cause and effect essay topics follow a logical pattern. It means a student should decide on the paper topic and outline to catch up with the teacher’s deadlines. The main purpose of such piece of writing is to show how one thing or event results in another and list the outcomes. Such type of paper can be organized in two ways:
- Chronological order: This formatting explains what actions, events, decisions, etc. Lead to certain consequences.
- Reverse chronological order: This style requires one to begin with the consequences and finish with the things (event(s), decision(s), action(s), etc.) that lead to these consequences.
How to Write a Cause and Effect Essay?
When it comes to structuring the essay, cause and effect papers are typically written in a 5-paragraph format. It requires the student to make a thorough evaluation of sources, and show their awareness of the subject, and use their critical thinking and analytical skills in writing.
Read the tips & tricks from the certified writers to understand how to write a cause and effect essay!
Select cause and effect essay ideas related to the studied subject. The idea should be interesting and up-to-date: teachers insist on using sources that are not older than 5 years!
Gather the evidence necessary to support a paper’s arguments. Use such sources as books, e-Books, newspapers, journals, magazines, scholarly articles, websites, etc. Avoid using open-source platforms like Wikipedia or Quora.
Work on the outline (the structure should remind you of something like: introduction, cause 1, 2, 3 - effect 1, 2, 3.
Create an engaging hook. To make the audience want to keep on reading after viewing the opening sentence, a student has to be as creative as possible while developing a hook. Open your essay with a bang! Start with a quote of a famous person, literary quote, metaphor, simile, anecdote, joke, fact, statistics, allegory, etc.
Apply different transitions to show the logical flow of your text. Transition words/phrases help to connect the opening sentences of each new paragraph with the closing lines of the previous sections. Those are: thus, otherwise, however, as mentioned above, etc.
Stick to the guidelines from the latest editions of formatting guides. Include the citations to prove personal arguments, but do not forget to cite and reference them according to MLA, APA, Harvard, or other formats.
Revise the document. Look through the text to detect any grammar, spelling, or punctuation mistakes as well as senseless content. Scan the draft for the plagiarism (or rely on the expert help).
Now, we should get back to the primary step of any academic writing process.
Choosing Cause and Effect Essay TopicsBefore you get into the writing process, it is important to choose some of the good cause and effect essay topics. Fortunately, variety is in abundance as there are a lot of easy and complicated topics. The goal is to find a golden mean: look for a topic that would be neither broad or narrow.
To save yourself from choosing an inappropriate topic and wasting time, the EssayPro service have gathered the top topics and divided them into thematic groups. Scroll down and pick from a list of engaging topics compiled by our top essay writer!
Cause and Effect Essay Topics for High School
- A male role model in the home
- Toy guns and 1st-person shooter video games result in more crimes
- The consequences of skyrocketing personal debts
- Giving a right to everyone to own and carry a weapon
- Integration of boys and girls at school
- Reasons why some guys are more popular than others
- Cause and effect essay on cheating
- Reasons to keep a home pet
- The most stupid thing in my life
- Teenagers living in poverty
- Moving to the big city
- Knowledge of history and its impact on some careers
- Consequences of having more than 2 hours of homework
- Modern art and my life
- Animated movies and the way adults treat them
Cause And Effect Topics For College Students
- Cause and effect of The Great Depression
- Causes of mental illness?
- Effects of the great awakening
- Why are teens so obsessed with social media?
- What causes anxiety?
- What are causes of technological advancements in Japan?
- How does a break up affect a child?
- What causes divorces?
- How does alcohol affect the body?
- How globalization affects the economy?
- World war 2: causes and effects
- Why do so many Americans continue to choose junk food over healthy?
- The effects of racial, religious or another type of discrimination
- What case you to choose your college/major?
- Causes of university dropouts and their effects
Good Cause And Effect Essay Topics
- Causes and Effects of climate change
- Causes and Effects of global warming
- Causes and Effects of high blood pressure
- Effects of smoking
- What causes insomnia?
- Internet influence on kids
- Domestic violence
- Music effects on human mood
- Study abroad improves a student’s long-term employability prospects.
- High blood pressure increases the risk of heart attack
- Causes of video game addiction
- The effects of moving to a new town
- What is the effect of long distance on relationships?
- The effect of a teacher, friend, coach on your life
- What is the effect of abortion on women's health?
Easy Cause And Effect Essay Topics
- Effects of pollution
- Effects of not eating meat
- The causes and effects of an exam failure
- Effects of school bullying
- Why children lies?
- How regular exercise improves the productivity of a person?
- Why children run away from home?
- Effects of nowadays technology on children
- What are the causes of overpopulation in China?
- The effects of not getting enough sleep
- What is the impact of GMO products on health?
- How does weather affect our mood?
- The effects of increasing prices
- The effects of working while going to college
- What are the causes of HIV/AIDS?
- Dating at young age
- What causes the northern lights?
- What causes the tectonic plate to move?
- Cause to write a cause and effect essay?
- The effects of changing school
Interesting Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Causes and effects of drug abuse essay
- Cause and effect essay on illegal immigration
- Long-term issues arising from eating fast food
- e-Books and publishing industry
- What for do people hire financial consultants?
- How does Uber affect the taxi industry?
- How does the war in Syria impact the United States?
- Impact of Instagram on the lives of modern teens
- Domestic violence
- The way break-up may impact a teenager
- Genetically engineered food
- The possible threats of the earthquakes
- Dating at young age
- Risks pregnant women may face when smoking
- Heart issues and nervous system
Technology Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- The Negative influence of technology
- Heart issues and nervous system
- The long-term effects of living in a technological world
- Technology and its role in the political situation
- Digital learning impact on traditional education
- Identity chips placed under the skin
- The way technological advancement and ever-increasing globalization are interrelated
- Social media influence on the US population
- Video gaming and terrorism
- Our lives in 25 years
- Genetical engineering of kids
- Public access to technological improvements
- Organic food vs. genetically modified meals
- What are the pros & cons of sequencing human genes?
- Should healthcare organizations access genetic testing data?
Funny Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- When clothes make the man
- Funny cat videos drive people mad
- Legalized pot makes the life of a writer easier
- Believing every word of an infomercial (choose one to discuss)
- Watching Hollywood action films fry student’s brains
- McDonald’s as an all-time favorite restaurant
- Reasons to love your last name
- Positive effects of alcohol
- Reasons to legalize marijuana
- The customer is never right, in fact
- What our pets are thinking about humans
- Things one will never hear from the driving instructor
- Being expert in nothing but comics
- Impact of “The Family Guy” on the youngest watchers
- The funniest photo on the web
If none of these topics fits your assignment, come up with personal topics. It may be difficult, so we recommend getting in touch with our certified ENL writers who are ready not only to propose a cool topic but write the entire paper for you!