As soon as you are assigned to write a 500-word essay you might be slightly confused. Take it easy; it’s not as scary as it seems to be, your worrying will only cause failure.
In fact, writing a 500-word essay doesn’t differ much from writing an ordinary essay. Moreover, it’s even easier to write this type of essay. All you need to do is decide on a topic, craft an outline and simply write an essay according to your professor’s requirements.
How Long is 500 Word Essay?
If you are going to write your 500-word essay in Times New Roman 12, and then double space it, your 500 words will approximately be a page and a half. It’s always necessary to ask your instructor or an experienced essay writer for some additional information about the word count and the format you should use.
How to Write a 500 Word Essay?
Commonly, a 500-word must include the following:
Paper outline. This is the skeleton of your essay that must include all parts that you think are essential to talk about. While creating a rough copy of your paper and becoming more familiar with the topic, you can adjust your outline by adding or/and removing any points.
- Provide some background information about your topic and grab the reader’s attention to make them want to read the rest of the story.
- Then, create a proper thesis statement related to the main point of your topic and make a smooth transition to the body paragraphs.
Body. In this part of writing you have to:
- Evoke the reader’s emotions by being original in your writing;
- Show your own point of view on the topic;
- Present key points and support the thesis statement with pieces of evidence;
- Make your audience feel engaged in the story.
Conclusion for the essay. This is one of the hardest parts of the writing process. In your conclusion you will need to:
- Restate the thesis statement and the main point of your essay. The best way is to paraphrase it, not just to rewrite it from the introduction.
- Summarize the main points of your essay.
- Show the significance of your topic.
- The most important goal that you will probably want to reach is to leave your reader with a sense of completeness.
If you still have the question “So, how should I do this?” then, you can use the “So What?” strategy. All you need to do is sit down, and ask yourself the “So What?” question and think about what is the quintessence of your paper. Mostly, the answer will come to your head itself.
Get the Best College Essay Help Services on the Web Today!
Get a Second Pair of Eyes
Nobody’s perfect. Even if your writing seems logical to you, your teacher may find it hard to understand. Ask your friends, siblings to read over your essay and grade it. Then make some adjustments if it’s necessary.
Check the Clarity
You don’t want your audience to be confused while reading your essay, don’t you? To help them avoid this feeling, make sure to include transitions between paragraphs, so writing flows smoothly. If you are using specific terms that are common to you, make sure to explain them to your audience so they can understand those terms as well.
If you’ve referenced trustworthy sources, it’s important to cite them. This will definitely add credibility to your writing.
Our essay service team hopes that we helped you to learn more about how to write a 500 word essay!